Latest Updates


Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Voice for Flood Victims: Anwar Khan Leaves Pakistan to Begin "Real Job"

I am leaving Pakistan with a heavy heart. I have seen much devastation and misery in a relatively short time. I came to observe the distribution and the situation on the ground, but now my real job begins: to speak for all those people whose cries for help have not been heard.

I understand people's concerns about aid not reaching beneficiaries and their feelings about financial corruption. As we continue asking these questions, aid that should have arrived weeks ago has not even been sent. As we wait, children are dying from malnutrition and diarrhea.

It's never easy or simple to get aid to the people who need it most, but Islamic Relief has already helped more than 100,000 people affected by the floods. At press conferences and via any medium I can communicate through, I am encouraging people to give. Give to an organization you trust. There are organizations that have reputable track records in Pakistan and Islamic Relief USA is one of them.

We are in a race against time to reduce the number of people who will die from malnutrition, diarrhea, malaria and cholera. Young, already malnourished children are the most at risk. And the most critical time to save lives is now.

Please donate now.
blog comments powered by Disqus