Latest Updates


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

IR USA's Volunteer Coordinator Praises Award Winners


Volunteers are the essence of the work we do at Islamic Relief USA. As the National Volunteer Coordinator, I am stunned by the creativity and dedication of our volunteers each day I work with them.

I am very proud of our five IR USA volunteers who received this year’s President's Volunteer Service Award (PVSA). Each of them works and studies, but still finds the time to come and donate time to IR USA.

On Monday, at our Washington D.C. headquarters, we held a reception honoring our award winners. Ibrahima, one of the recipients, reminded our staff about one of the quotes I had posted up in the Office of Volunteers: "Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart."

When a volunteer walks through the halls of the office, I know we did something right. With that said, I want to thank our staff and donors for their support. And in the volunteer department, being kind is contagious.

Together we will succeed in our mission to help the poor and less fortunate, Insha’Allah.

--Nazia Hossain, IR USA National Volunteer Coordinator
blog comments powered by Disqus